Simple Stacks Templates

Friday, June 06, 2008

Exciting news and a freebie

I'm on a roll again!

Hopefully this is just the start of a great wave of inspiration, it's been so long....

Anyway, I am about 2 years "behind" on my Yearbook scrapbooks for my girls now. So I really need to start doing those again, so I can get caught up before next years graduation. That got me looking for a way to mesh my "scrapper need" with my "designers spirit".

I think I've found the perfect solution!

I am now making templates for my daughters yearbooks.

When I started scrapping, I wanted books that my children could pick up, hold and enjoy all by themselves, so I began simply creating a "Yearbook" scrapbook using a standard 4x6 photo album. Creating this sized scrapbook has many many benefits and only a few limitations.

Some of the benefits include:

  • The cost of printing layouts is very affordable, between .09 cents and .20 cents each.
  • Finding a standard 4x6 photo album was as easy as visiting my local Walmart
  • Standard 4x6 photo albums once came with my prints, but now only cost about $1.00 for one that holds 24-36 prints
  • My children, even the 2 year olds, could pick up a scrapbook and enjoy them

The limitations:

  • Designers don't make "4x6" portrait style Quick Pages
  • It's hard to "scale down" 12x12 ideas for pages

So now after almost 17 years of scrapping, I'm going to try to remove the limitations!!

I'm creating "Simple Stacks"

These are 8x6 templates to create double page 4x6 scrapbook layouts. All you have to do is Create > Crop > Print and you'll have an incredible scrapbooks that you can afford to give as gifts, print multiple copies, etc. They make excellent Brag books, Yearbooks, Specialty Albums and more. And, unlike what is currently available, finding a "scrapbook" is now as easy as a visit to a discount store for a STANDARD SIZE 4x6 photo album. Average cost for this little gem is about $5.00!

I've already added my first set of 6 Simple Stacks to my store at Digi By Design and I'll be adding more as soon as I finish them. Take a look.


Finally, I really would love for more people to try these out!! I just know you'll fall in love, so I've created one just for you to try and I've already used it to make my first layout in almost a year! OMG!


Download it Here

Let me know what you think and watch for more excitement to come!!

Happy Scrapping,

MaryAnne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the "brag book size! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

What a great concept! I love what you are doing with your templates. I can't wait to try this one you've created to share...Thanks so much :)

Bonnie said...

Thanks for the brag book templates.